EMERGENCY & SPECIALTY CENTERWestVet is Idaho's only 24/7 Animal Emergency Hospital and Specialty Center.
Established 30 years ago, WestVet provides the highest quality veterinary care to pets and their families in the Treasure Valley and surrounding region.
- The first and only integrated emergency and veterinary specialty hospital in Idaho
- Nationally recognized as one of the most progressive veterinary hospitals in the Northwest
- 21 Board-certified specialists, 36 veterinarians total on staff
- Highly-trained veterinary support staff
- State-of-the-art diagnostic imaging and on-site laboratory services
- A unique internship training and joint residency program, in partnership with Washington State University – only one other such program exists
Idaho’s only VECCS certified Level 1 Animal Hospital
As a Level 1 certified Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Center, WestVet is one of only 18 hospitals nationwide to offer this level of 24-hour acute veterinary medicine.
In order to obtain this certification, WestVet met several stringent specifications, some of which included:
- 24/7 animal care
- detailed completion of patient medical records
- offering continuing education standards
- board-certified veterinary specialists on site
- specialty medical equipment
- high-level anesthetic monitoring
- a surgical team and dedicated surgical preparation area
As a premiere emergency and critical care center for animals WestVet is among the very elite animal hospitals in the country. Rest assured, your pets will receive the highest level of veterinary care available from our team of specialists, highly trained doctors, and staff.